Summer Fruit Galette
Happy July 4th fellow foodies! I wanted to share this beautiful, rustic galette recipe for the holiday weekend. It’s not an Asian dessert but it’s beyond simple and so tasty! I was inspired by the gorgeous fresh berries and fruit at my local market. You can use ready-made pie crust like I did, or make yours from scratch! I’m not a big dessert maker or a baker, but this really was a cinch to make. Top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you’ll start seeing early fireworks when you take a bite! Thanks to gimmesomeoven.com for sharing your terrific version of this recipe!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (9-inch)
- 3 fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unfold pie crust on a baking sheet or baking stone. Slightly roll out edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the fruit with cornstarch, 1 tablespoon sugar, and cinnamon. Pour mixture into the middle of the pie crust, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold up the border over the edge of the fruit and pinch the pleats. Brush the egg wash onto the pie crust and sprinkle remaining sugar on top of crust and fruit.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until crust is lightly brown and fruit is bubbling. Cover edges of crust with aluminum foil if to brown while allowing fruit to cook thoroughly. Serve warm topped with vanilla ice cream.
Adapted from: www.gimmesomeoven.com