Stir-Fry Broccoli & Baked Tofu
I am seriously crazy for broccoli and tofu — two of my most favorite duos, especially in this super easy vegetarian stir-fry dish! Deputy Foodie Damien whipped it up for this week’s blog post so you can prepare this awesome recipe any day of the week. The baked tofu has a great firm texture and is so much healthier than the deep-fried version. I honestly could eat this entire portion myself! (Sucks for my hubbie)!
- 1 (8 oz.) block of extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 small bunches broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Thai chili pepper, chopped (seeded for less heat)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Cooked white or brown rice
- To bake tofu: Place entire block of tofu in a toaster oven at 275 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes until brown on outside. Remove and let cool. Cut tofu into bite-sized squares and set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy wok on medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add in chili peppers and chopped broccoli and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Add hoisin sauce and tofu to coat, and stir-fry another 5 minutes until broccoli is just tender. Stir in pinch of salt to taste.
- Serve with a side of steamed white or brown rice.