Stir-Fry Beef with Green Beans & Mushrooms
I’m a stir-fry freak! (Just sayin’.) I think the wok was one of the greatest inventions ever! I use it quite often, mostly for nights when I have tons of fresh veggies in the fridge that need to be eaten. Adding a protein, like in this stir-fry beef recipe, completes the meal. Use this recipe as your “template” for creating stir-fry meals using whatever is in your fridge!
- 2½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound top round steak, cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Thai chili pepper, sliced thinly or ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 oz. sliced shitake mushrooms or button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups white sticky rice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cornstarch, soy sauce, and rice wine until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the beef, sprinkle with pepper and toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook green beans in a large pot of boiling water for maximum 3 minutes, just cooked but still crisp tender. Drain and "shock" the beans in an ice bath for 3 minutes to maintain its color. Drain beans and set aside. Heat a wok over high heat and add the oil until it ripples in the pan. Stir fry the beef evenly in the wok for 1 to 2 minutes until seared. Cook another 1 minute until just done. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the garlic, chili pepper, and ginger to the wok and stir fry about 20 seconds. Add the mushrooms for another 2 minutes. Add the green beans and stir fry for another 1 minute. Return the beef to the pan and add the fish sauce, the remaining ½ tablespoon of soy sauce, and the black pepper. Combine together well. Serve with sticky white rice.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017