Simple Asian Lobster Rolls
There’s nothing that says summer like melt-in-your-mouth Lobster Rolls! They remind me of my many trips to New England where one must indulge in fresh Maine lobster rolls! So, here’s our take on an Asian-inspired version using Chinese steamed buns (a.k.a. “Bao”) instead of the standard hot dog bun. This recipe couldn’t be easier! We used cooked lobster for a short cut (Whole Foods will steam the lobster for you!), but you can buy it frozen or cook the lobster yourself. We also cheated a little by using Pillsbury Grands, which is available at your local grocery store, and steamed them in a bamboo steamer. Easier than making these steamed buns from scratch! Serve with a side salad of Spicy Fennel and Broccoli Slaw and chips for a perfect summer picnic! (If you like this recipe, try our Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Bánh Mì sandwich!)
Succulent and sweet, these Asian-inspired lobster rolls will remind you of a balmy summer’s day in New England!
Steam the buns in a bamboo steamer for perfect Chinese “bao” buns!
The buns will puff up when steamed. Then fill them with the lobster salad mixture!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin!
- ¼ cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1½ pounds cooked, shelled lobster meat, cubed
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, finely chopped (white parts only)
- Zest from ½ lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits
- To make the aioli: In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sambal oelek and lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine lobster, celery, red onion, green onion, lemongrass, lime zest, and cilantro. Fold in the aioli mixture. Set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 biscuits. With fingers, flatten each into rounds about ½ inch thick. Fold over to form half-moon shape; place in steamer or bamboo steamer lined with parchment paper. Set steamer on top of wok or saucepan with boiling water. Steam 10 minutes; cool completely.
- Cut buns in half, but not completely through, to form a pocket. Stuff buns with lobster salad mixture and serve immediately on a platter. Serve with a side of potato chips or your favorite side, like Spicy Fennel and Broccoli Slaw!
If you liked this recipe, try our Easy Sushi Pizza
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017
- Nuoc Cham Dipping Sauce November 19, 2017
- Mala Hot Sauce November 13, 2017
- Asian-Spiced Pork Chili with Butternut Squash November 6, 2017
- Jalapeño Corn Bread November 6, 2017
- Delicata Squash Stuffed with Turkey and Brown Rice October 30, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Tri-Colored Cauliflower October 23, 2017