Lentil Quinoa Bowl
Earlier this year, Panera Bread introduced a few noodle bowls, this being one of them. To my dismay, they don’t give out their recipes so I recreated it myself! It’s really delish and comforting. The broth is easy to make and you can add a protein, like egg or chicken. I like a little heat in my soup so one Thai chili pepper is all you’ll need. Trust me, you won’t be able to tell if it’s take-out from Panera or home made!
- 3 cups water
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 5 sun dried tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons miso paste, more to taste
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, more to taste
- 1 Thai chili pepper, seeded and sliced
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Handful chopped cilantro
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup cooked French green lentils
- 1 cup chopped frozen kale
- Fresh, torn baby spinach leaves
- One cooked egg, sliced
- One slice of lemon
- In a heavy stock pot, combine together water mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, miso paste, soy sauce, chili pepper and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes. Strain, reserving liquid. Put broth back into pot and keep warm. Add cilantro.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa and lentils separately according to package directions. Combined once cooked and set aside to cool. Add kale to broth and cook 3 minutes. Take pot off heat.
- In a large soup bowl, place ¼ cup quinoa/lentil mixture at bottom of bowl and top with torn spinach. Ladle broth on top. Garnish dish with egg slices and slice of lemon.
Adapted from: Panera Bread