Five Spice Asian Latkes
Fa-La-Latkes! Hanukkah falls on X-Mas this year (“Chrismukkah!”), so we’ve created an Asian latke to partner with your traditional latke using sweet potatoes and Chinese Five Spice! With a little help from Raw Spice Bar, we upped our game with this sweet and savory latke complete with the traditional toppings — sour cream and applesauce. This potato pancake is not your grandmother’s latke. Sorry, Bubbie!
Shred sweet potatoes in a food processor.
- In a food processor using the shredder blade, shred the sweet potatoes. Place in a large mixing bowl. Shred the carrots and place in the bowl with the potatoes. Grate the onion with the slicer blade, strain in a paper towel or kitchen towel to remove any liquid. Add to the mixing bowl. To the potato mixture add the Chinese Five Spice, eggs, coconut flour, and salt. Mix thoroughly with your hands until well-combined.
- Heat the oil on medium-high in a heavy cast iron skillet. Forming small patties with the potato mixture, place into the hot oil and cook patties (latkes) until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side, pressing down periodically. Transfer the latkes to a paper towel to drain. Keep warm while cooking remaining latkes. Serve on a platter with a side of sour cream if desired, and sprinkle the latkes with the scallions.
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017