Chilean Sea Bass in Parchment
Have you ever eaten a dish at a restaurant that you’ve “oohed and aahed” over? Well, fellow foodies, you can be assured that this is the one! I’ve been cooking fish in parchment for decades since I first ordered it at this little Danish restaurant in Miami. It’s very simple to prepare, just stuff everything in and bake! And, here’s the best part: zero oil or butter = very few calories! When I made this the other night for my husband he said it was the best Chilean sea bass he’s ever had. Just sayin’!
Note: Parchment pouches make for a beautiful presentation served table side, but can be substituted with aluminum foil.
- Parchment paper
- 4 (6 to 7 oz.) portions Chilean sea bass
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 Thai chili peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 heads baby bok choy, ends trimmed
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- Small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Small yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¾ cup shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Tear off 4 large sheets of parchment paper, about 12-14 inches long. Season the sea bass lightly with salt and pepper and set aside. Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey and chili peppers and set aside.
- Using two large baking sheets, place one piece of parchment at a time on a baking sheet and start layering the vegetables at a ¼ end of the paper, in this order: bok choy, garlic, shallots, red and yellow peppers, shiitake mushrooms, and green onions. Place a piece of fish on top of vegetables and top with 2-3 tablespoons of the sauce to cover. Fold the large end of the parchment over the fish stack and roll the sides to seal the ends, making a pouch. Repeat this process with the other three sheets and place two pouches on a baking sheet. Lightly spray tops of pouches with cooking spray.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. Carefully cut open pouches and serve immediately.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017