Chicken Tikka Masala
This popular Indian dish may have originated in Britain, but is served all over the world! The chicken is traditionally baked in a tandoor oven, but we present the easier preparation here. Although, if you have a tandoor oven, then by all means! This dish’s creamy tomato base is combined with very aromatic spices that will overwhelm your senses. Serve with basmati rice and a side of Indian naan bread for dipping.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 red Thai chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 14 oz. can chopped tomatoes
- 1 ¼ cups heavy cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- ½ cup chopped cashew nuts for garnish
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium sized bowl, combine Greek yogurt and chickpea flour. Beat with a fork until well blended and smooth. Add in the garlic, ginger, chili powder, coriander, ½ teaspoon cumin, garam masala, and turmeric. Mix thoroughly. Place chicken in the marinade and chill in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours, or overnight. Return to room temperature before cooking.
- Remove chicken from marinade (reserve remaining marinade) and bake chicken pieces in oven for 10 minutes. Baste chicken with reserved marinade and bake another 10 minutes until pieces are done. Transfer chicken to a dish, cut into bite sized pieces and set aside.
- Melt the oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium heat. Add the garlic and chile pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Stir in remaining cumin, paprika, and salt & pepper to taste and continue stirring for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cream into the skillet. Reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until the liquid reduces and thickens.
- Add the chicken pieces to the skillet, cover, and let simmer for 3 to 5 minutes, until the chicken is heated through. Garnish with cilantro and cashew nuts, and serve with cooked rice.
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017