Chicken Satay Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce
How many ways can you cook chicken? Stop hitting yourself over the head with a meat mallet because you’re stuck on the same old recipes! Find some wooden skewers and make this easy and fun-to-eat chicken dish! You can serve it as a starter, or make it a main course with steamed rice on the side. I’ve skewered it with both chicken cutlets or cut-up chicken breasts. Either will do. The chicken doesn’t take long to grill using an indoor grill pan or outdoor grill, so stay on top of it! If you have any leftovers, top a salad with this chicken — so tasty!
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Handful chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken tenders
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked for 30 minutes
- In medium sized bowl, combine fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, sambal oelek, lime juice, ginger and cilantro. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Put marinade in large plastic baggie and add chicken tenders. Refrigerate for one hour. Remove chicken from marinade (discard) and thread each chicken tender onto a bamboo skewer.
- Heat a grill pan or grill on medium-high. Spray with cooking spray first so chicken doesn't stick. Grill chicken 2 to 3 minutes on each side until cooked through and light grill marks appear. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Combine all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Sambal oelek can be found at specialty Asian markets and select grocery stores.
Shop products featured in this recipe:
Leave a Comment
Search Asian Caucasian Recipes
Asian Caucasian Recipe Categories
Recent Asian Caucasian Posts
- Grilled Baby Octopus with Nuoc Cham January 22, 2018
- Easy Thai Clear Soup with Chicken and Tofu January 9, 2018
- 10 Easy and Delicious Healthy Asian Soups January 8, 2018
- California Everything Bagel Sandwich January 1, 2018
- 10 Easy Asian Appetizers for New Year’s December 25, 2017
- Five Spice Pumpkin Bread December 18, 2017
- Miso Chicken Noodle Soup December 11, 2017
- Grilled Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Nuoc Cham December 4, 2017
- Mixed Seafood Poké Bowl November 27, 2017
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry November 20, 2017