Let’s face it, what makes an Asian dish great? The sauce, of course! Here are three fantastic Asian sauces that will turn an ordinary recipe into extraordinary! They are super easy to prepare, with very few ingredients. The sauces are paired with three of our recipes, but you can use these sauces with so many things to dress up any dish. Mix it into your stir-fry, toss it with noodles, use it as a dipping sauce… the possibilities are endless! Sweet, spicy, delicious Asian flavors like soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar, coconut milk, green curry paste, and peanut butter. You can shop the ingredients below. Super simple!
These Steamed Vietnamese Rolls are awesome with this spicy dipping sauce. The sauce also pairs well with spring rolls, wontons, seared tuna, and dumplings!
- Whisk together the chili sauce, sambal oelek, mirin wine, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, and fresh basil. Serve alongside the steamed rolls for dipping.
Our Grilled Beef with Green Curry Sauce is to die for! The sirloin soaks up the flavors of the coconut milk and green curry paste. You can also use this sauce on rice and noodle dishes, or chicken!
- In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk, curry paste, and sugar. Stir over low heat until desired thickness. Season with the fish sauce.
Who doesn’t love chicken on skewers? This is the perfect spicy peanut dipping sauce for our Chicken Satay Skewers. The sauce also pairs well with salmon, spring rolls, seared tuna, and more!
- Combine all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Can be stored in container in refrigerator for 2-3 days or freeze.
Shop products featured in this recipe:
This fragrant and delicious Asian pesto sauce is so wonderful on just about anything! The basil, mint, and cilantro combined with the garlic, walnuts, and green curry paste give it just the right amount of flavoring. Toss it in zucchini noodles, rice noodles, everything noodles! Spread it on top of chicken, salmon, flaky white fish, shrimp — endless possibilities! How will you choose?
This super fragrant sauce is great on protein, noodles, just about anything! It freezes well too!
Thai basil is super fragrant in this pesto sauce! You can use regular basil as a substitute.
Fresh cilantro and mint are also fresh ingredients in this easy pesto sauce.
- Place all ingredients, except olive oil, in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Drizzle in the olive oil to form the pesto. Taste for seasoning. Store in the fridge or freeze until ready to use.
Shop products featured in this recipe:
It’s fall! I’m definitely feeling the chill in the air, which always makes me focus on butternut squash recipes. This awesome Roasted Thai Butternut Squash Dip will rock your world! You can use this flavorful dip with veggies, pita bread, or Indian naan bread — or just use a spoon! Doesn’t matter, it’s that good! It’s creamy and has a touch of heat. I even used this butternut squash dip to stuff a chicken breast. So many options! Make it easy on yourself, buy the butternut squash already peeled and cubed so you don’t lose a finger slicing it up. Note to self!
- 3 cups cubed butternut squash
- 1 cup diced onion
- 5 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons sambal oelek (Thai red chile paste)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Chopped peanuts
- Chips for serving
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spread the squash, onion, and garlic cloves out in an even layer onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat the veggies. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30-35 minutes, tossing occasionally, until the veggies are caramelized and the squash is very tender. Broil for a few minutes to make sure they are caramelized.
- Allow to cool slightly and then transfer everything to a food processor.
- Add the cream cheese, coconut milk, sambal oelek, fish sauce, and sesame oil to the food processor. Pulse to combine the ingredients. Add a little salt and pepper and then run the machine until everything is super smooth and creamy. Taste to check for seasonings.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro and peanuts. Serve with your favorite chips for dipping.
Adapted from: http://yestoyolks.com/2015/12/18/thai-butternut-squash-dip/